The CalAmp On-Line Telemetric platform, or COLT, is a unique enterprise-class software solution designed specifically for telemetric and telematics applications. It provides the network architecture for connecting, coordinating and managing wireless devices. With its high-performance, scalable design, the platform is easily replicated across multiple servers allowing the system to support networks with just a handful of devices or networks with millions of devices.
COLT is at the core of CalAmp's own industry-leading mobile and remote asset management solutions offerings for vehicle finance, personal tracking and mobile inventory management. And, COLT's service oriented architecture easily integrates with exisiting enterprise applications or provides the ideal platform for custom application development.
Based on CalAmp's nearly 30 years of experience in advanced wireless data delivery, COLT represents the pinnacle of technology and expertise in location, communications and Web interface development.
- Service-Oriented Architecture -- Wireless M2M telematic and telemetric apps; modular, scalable design; open source software simplifies development; easily adapted to support new devices and system services
- Extensive Communications Suport -- CalAmp's wide range of industrial-strength wireless devices as well as third-party datacom devices, GSM/GPRS data, SMS, voice messaging; worldwide wireless network coverage
- Robust Enteprise API -- Simplifies integration with existing enterprise software and development of new applications; access to all COLT services; integraton at any level, from network to application layer
- Customizable Applications -- Vehicle finance, personal tracking and stolen vehicle recovery, mobile inventory management, customer-defined apps with template-based design for easy re-branding
- Highly Secure and Reliable -- SOX- and PCI-compliant security; Class IV Co-location Network Operations Center; redundant, load-balanced servers; 24/7 system monitoring and back-up; protects user privacy at all levels from physical security to on-line attacks
- Easily Integrated -- Manages accounts and users, devices and network, billing and airtime; coordinates device and user communications
- Management Functions --
- Devices & Network: Activate, de-activate, and associate with assets, users, accounts and carriers; control commands, alerts and updates
- Communications: Supports CalAmp and 3rd party devices; protocols for email-SMS-voice messaging
- Telemetry Database: Account, user, device and network data; event history, airtime usage, and billing; database queries and reports